Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas

The first time I tasted a chocolate-covered frozen banana was when I visited Chicago's Navy Pier probably close to 35 years ago. A vendor was selling them and somebody suggested getting one. I don’t remember at all who was with me, but I do remember tasting what would become one of my favorite snacks – one that I couldn’t find ANYWHERE other than Navy Pier.

So imagine my surprise when, several years later, in the popsicle section of my local grocer, I discovered CHOCOLATE-COVERED FROZEN BANANAS! I bought them again and again and again. I mean, how can you go wrong with bananas – HEALTHY, because they’re fruit and healthy because they’re covered in dark chocolate?

And then they were gone! I searched EVERYWHERE for them. Every single store I looked through didn’t carry them – not Kroger, not Walmart, not Kmart, not Meijer, not Jewel, not anywhere.

And then they appeared again. I was ecstatic!

And then they were gone – again!

Several years passed and a couple of weeks ago, as I was shopping in Meijer, I complained to my youngest daughter that every time I looked for them, I could never find them, but just as I said the words, I noticed them on the shelf! Was I hallucinating? I almost kept walking. I couldn’t believe my eyes! 

Diana's Bananas banana babies

They’ve been at Meijer the past two times I shopped there, and I’ve purchased them both times I’ve shopped, because if past predicts future, at some point, they will disappear again, and I’m going to buy them whenever I see them!


If I gave ratings for the products I enjoy using or eating, this one would get 5 stars out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment